More About Andrew
Andrew has more than 30 years’ experience as a commercial lawyer, with experience in all forms of commercial contracts, including sales of assets and businesses, Corporations Law, Trust Law, share and other equity transactions (both on and off market), as well as company secretarial matters. Andrew also has a wealth of experience in IT and IP related transactions, having worked for 11 years as the General Counsel for a US based Fintech company. Andrew is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and has completed his training as a Notary Public.
Andrew is available to assist with matters relating to commercial and contract matters, IT and IP matters, M&A (from sales of business to on market purchases) as well as company secretarial matters and Corporations Law matters.
Andrew can lend his specialist advice to your firm or business in areas of
- Establishing companies in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, South Korea, Indonesia, India and Vietnam including incorporation, capitalisation and licensing requirements.
- Board member of Australian, New Zealand, South Korean, Hong Kong, Chinese, Singaporean, Indian and Japanese arms of company.
- Company secretary for all of the above companies.
- Board member of a number of not for profit charitable organisations.
- Part of a 6-person legal executive team for internationally (US, UK, Canada, EU, South America and Asia Pacific).
- Lead Counsel for company Google, iTunes, Microsoft and Sony contracts.
- FMCG - Negotiating and drafting exclusive arrangements with over 120 content providers in Australia and New Zealand for Gfit Cards in the FMCG space, as well as all of the major supermarket providers (Woolworths, Coles, IGA and Aldi), Australia Post, convenience (7- Eleven and Coles Express), petrol station networks (BP, Caltex and Shell).
- Negotiating and drafting exclusive arrangements with the world’s largest supermarket chains (Tesco and Carrefour) in China, Singapore, South Korea, Indonesia, India and Japan.
- Negotiating and drafting content supply agreements with iTunes, Google, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony and other digital content providers.
- Many commercial documents prepared for private clients
Mergers & Aquisitions
- Privatization of US holding company through purchase by Silver Lake Partners and P2 Capital Partners. Handling all ancillary work throughout the Asia Pac area, including Australia, Singapore, Korea, Japan, China and India.
- Increase company share in China joint venture to 90% (US$50 Million additional investment).
- Commenced negotiations to acquire China’s second largest gift card provider (US$50 Million investment).
- Acquisition of US200 Million company – Asia Pacific subsidiaries in Australia, Singapore, China and Hong Kong).
- Acquisition of $US10 Million Company
- Acquisition of $US20 Million Company – Digital gift cards provider in Asia Pacific region (Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong).
- Acquisition of US$50 Million company in the Asia Pacific Region
- Managing company portfolio of trademarks and patents in the Asia Pacific region. Registering, contesting and defending trademarks in Asia Pacific region.
- Managing outside Patent attorneys for the patent portfolio.
- Drafting of Intellectual Property licence and acquisition (including trademark and patent licences) for companies and private clients.
- Member of the International Trademark Association – presented various papers at their annual conferences around the world.
- Negotiating with SAP and Workday SaaS solutions for a new ERP project for a large Australian University.
- Negotiating with FIS, First Data, Touch Networks, eMerchants, Givv and other IT processors to process transactions across the Australian retail sector.
- Negotiating IT processing contracts with Visa, Mastercard and AMEX worldwide for company entities around the world.
- Worldwide counsel for multiple Information Technology Agreements, RFTs and responses (including US, UK, Europe and South America, as well as the Asia Pacific).
- Worldwide counsel for company Google, iTunes and Microsoft contracts (including US, UK, Europe, South America and South Africa, as well as the Asia Pacific).
Banking and Finance
- Establishing and obtaining an AFS Licence for the issue of stored value cards and remittance products.
- Establishing and running the ASIC and APRA Compliance programmes (originally via
- Indue delegated authority and now for companies own AFS licence), as well as managing Austrac AML/CTF Compliance programme in Australia and equivalents in the other Asia Pac countries.
- Establishing a relationship with one of Australia’s AFSL holders to distribute Visa branded Gift Cards throughout Australia.
- No action letter and other appropriate instruments obtained from ASIC for company products.
- Head of compliance – staff report to Andrew in the gift card (both closed and open loop) customer service, fraud and anti-money laundering areas.